Atkinson Family Library Scholar Internship Available!
Library Special Collections invites currently enrolled HSU students to apply for the Atkinson Family Library Scholar Internship for Spring 2019. This semester-long internship offers students an opportunity to:
- Work with Special Collections and the Marching Lumberjacks Alumni Association to gain invaluable hands-on experience in work involving public history, university archives, and museum studies as a professional.
- Conduct archival research to actively document the band’s 50 years as a student run and student organized college band.
- Learn the breadth of a digitization project, including the proper handling and care of fragile objects to be scanned and organizational skills with digital files.
- Develop a website as an online exhibit using the Omeka digital platform; an online content management system for digital collections. This will include writing for the web.
- Build a portfolio that meets archival professional standards of arrangement, description, and access.
This is a semester long, paid academic internship. where students will receive a scholarship after successfully completing the internship. Currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate Humboldt State University students are eligible to apply. With their academic advisor's approval, interns may have the option to receive internship course credit.
Deadline for applications submission with all necessary materials is December 7, 2018. Please email Louis Knecht all application material at firstname.lastname@example.org. Link to the internship position flyer is found here and more information can be found here.