Borrow a Laptop
Current HSU Students, Staff, and Faculty with a valid HSU campus ID card may check out one of any of the four Dell laptops from the HSU Library Checkout Desk on the first floor.
Laptops come with a power adapter.
Borrowers are responsible for all applicable charges if the laptop, or any included accessory, is damaged, lost, stolen, or returned late.
Laptops must be returned to the Checkout Desk. Do not place laptops in a Library book drop or book return slot.
Laptop Loan Period and Conditions of Use
- Circulates up to 4 hours.
- 1 laptop per borrower.
- $5 per hour overdue fine.
- Laptop replacement cost is $1,150.00.
- Power adapter replacement is $45.00.
- No renewals. May check out again if another laptop is available.
- No holds.
- No overnight use permitted.
Laptops must be used in compliance with the following policies:
- Guidelines for Responsible Computing at Humboldt State University (Appropriate Use Policy)
- Policy for Responsible Computing in the Humboldt State University Library
- CSU Information Security Policy (pdf)
Software Available on Laptops
Laptops include the same software found on any Library computer, including:
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser(s)
- And more
- USB 2.0 ports
- Built-in Wi-Fi network adapter
- Can I save documents on the Library laptop?
- Save your files to the U:, D: drive or your USB device. Files saved to the desktop or the C: drive will be lost.
- Can I print from a Library laptop?
- Yes. Printing is via Pay for Print. You will need money on the C-Card to print.
Need More Help?
For technical questions about operation of the Library laptops, please go to the Tech Help Desk, L120, or call 826-HELP(4357).
Please report any hardware or software problems to staff at the Checkout Desk when returning the laptop.